Want better Conversions from your Landing Page? Here’s How
It is easier than ever to put up a landing page these days, with oodles of tools available to generate beautiful pages with a few simple clicks.
But let’s suppose you want it to actually convert customers into sales or other actions? That’s a bit more involved, and has a few necessary steps connected to it. Let’s see what goes into a highly converting landing page.
6 Tips for better conversions from your landing pages
- Compelling headline – This will be the first thing anyone reads on your landing page, and it should evoke a response that gets readers to read on, and eventually take the action you desire. It needs to explain your offer, and why it’s precisely what they want.
- Eye-catching image or video – We love to watch, and these days video landing pages are the highest converting flavor around.
- Benefits – Not features, but benefits that are what the customer is looking for. Use bullet points so your reader can easily scan the benefits they’ll be receiving, versus a large hunk of text.
- Strong call to action – Be sure to include a strongly worded call to action that leaves no question as to what they need to do next. This principle also extends to the buy or download buttons: don’t settle for Buy Now. Make the text the natural next step for them. Use color to make your buttons stand out, as well.
- Testimonials – Social proof in the form of satisfied clients or customers is often the tipping point in your favor. You don’t need a page worth; just one or two will take care of it.
- Scarcity – No one want to lose out on something that they really want and truly need, so make this the case with your offer. Limited time offers, X amount copies, and other scarcity tactics work well in your favor here. By the way, try to be as truthful as you can here. No one likes false scarcity, and it will be unlikely they’ll trust you as much again.